Like us on facebook

Saturday 12 December 2015

Hands -on with the Tecno phantrom 5

The phantom 5 as we all know has been in the market for some weeks now. I decided to get one for myself to actually know if it's worth the hype it's generating in the media.
It's over two weeks now since I bought the phantom 5. So let's start with the review

What you get in the box


A flip cover with a microSIM adapter and ejector
HIFI earphones and Charger
Warranty card, user manual and a palmchat starter card

Behold The Awesome design


It comes with a metalic finish that is beautifully crafted,sleek and elegant. Each time I brought out the phone in the public it gets stares. People always ask which phone is this, my answer is it's the latest Tecno flagship of the year and is called Phantom 5

Excellent Display


The phone features a 5.5 inch LCD, full HD display with a pixel density of 401ppi. The screen is protected by corny gorilla glass 3. Pictures appear so vivid and colourful. It's great in watching movies.
The touch screen fluidity is out of this world just like the one you find on the IPhone. People who handle the phone attest to the fact that touch screen is excellent .I tested the multi-touch capability , it recognises the ten fingers I place on it.

This is an area I found the Tecno phantom 5 clearly above the Elephone P7000 which isn't fluid when scrolling through web pages

The King of Entertainment

The phantom 5 boasts of quality audio output both from the speakers and the HIFI headphones. To be honest with you guys, this is one of the best headphones I have used so far. The Dolby sound system does the work amazingly well. I compared the audio quality with tecno boom J7, and it outmatches the Boom J7 in audio rendition

There are music player and boom player music app being developed by Tecno on the phantom 5 too. The boom player takes of the entertainment bit by providing access to music from African artists as well as global stars. The tecno ownthestage show can also be watched live from the boom player app

I plugged it to my home theater and the quality of the sound was just too amazing. I was blown away. If you have got the phantom 5 ,try it out on your home theatre and see for yourself.

Amazing Cameras


It comes with 13MP rear camera with dual flash and 8MP front camera with flash.
The speed of the camera is very fast, capable of capturing fast -moving objects. The cameras has been so impressive for me. I wasn't expecting this level of quality grade from the camera looking back at Tecno camera in the past.
I took some pictures with both the front and back cameras, you can judge by yourself


Multitasking and gaming made Easy

It comes with a 64-bit octa -core processor clocked at 1.3Ghz paired with 3GB of RAM. Apps and games run smoothly. I opened like 38 apps and no lag was experienced. I left it over night and was amazed to see GTA and FIFA 14 resumed without any  lag

Storage

It has 32GB of internal memory and can be extended to 128GB external.It also supports USb OTG. With all these you don't have to worry about enough space for your music, songs and pictures

Fingerprint Security

The presence of fingerprint technology on the phantom 5 is tecno's first. I must say i enjoy using this feature every time and is becoming part of me. Infact I at times put my finger on the back camera of my infinix Hot note mistaking it for fingerprint sensor.
The fingerprint sensor works well and can store up to five fingerprints


Battery

The battery for me is averagely ok . It takes me almost a day on constant usage.

My Opinion

The phone seems to work perfectly for me nw.No wonder it's generating so much buzz in the media.I believe it's worth the price it's been sold. I will gladly recommend it for anyone that can afford it.
what do you guys thinks about this phone?
Feel free to ask me any questions about the phone

No comments:

post your coments here

Name

Email *

Message *